Set at the base of the iconic Orlando Towers, Chaf Pozi is a local institution. A relaxed spot where Sowetans and Joburgers come to enjoy a beer and some shisa nyama – a typical township style dish where you chose your own meat to be flame-grilled to perfection and served up with local side dishes such as pap, chakalaka and gravy - all prepared daily!
A popular weekend party spot with DJs playing everything from township jazz to deep house, hip-hop and kwaito.Reservations recommended!
Chaf Pozi is perfectly situated close to both the FNB and Orlando Stadiums in Soweto, and is always the best place in town for pre and post concert and game entertainment. The services of local taxis are also on offer which allows our guests to be transferred from areas outside of Soweto to Chaf Pozi to enjoy a great meal and party vibe, followed by a sporting event or music concert.
SUMMER TRADING HOURS:
Monday to Thursday: 11h00 - 18h00 Friday: 11h00 till late Saturday :11h00 till late Sunday: 11h00 till 22h00
We will open on a request basis for any functions outside of these times
View Larger Map
- Orlando Power Station was constructed in three phases between 1939 and 1955.
- Initially, the spray ponds in the dam were used to cool the steam from the boilers.
- In 1951 the two cooling towers were added as additional cooling mechanisms, as the power station was extended.
- At the time the cooling towers were considered to be state-of-the-art structurally, both locally and internationally.
- Orlando Power Station functioned until 1998, way beyond it’s intended lifespan.
We are open daily, so if it is a casual visit that you like, well Chaf Pozi is the place to be on the weekends. The restaurant has played host to many top artists and DJs,including the likes of DJ Fresh, DJ Euphonic, Black Coffee, Zahara, Dr Malinga, DJ Ganyane, DJ Oskido and many more up and coming artists. Friday, Saturday and Sunday offer guests the opportunity to listen to music ranging from township style jazz to up-beat hip hop.Chaf Pozi offers ample secure parking with facilities to cater for up to 600 seated patrons. We can top and tail any function to make it "an event to remember". We are open for lunch & dinner, Wednesday to Sunday, so if it is a casual visit, a celebratory function or to support our sporting teams by watching them on one of our big screens, give us a call to secure your booking!
- Meet your friends to chill, eat and drink.
- Great for birthday parties.
- Best batchelor parties.
- Corporate events and functions.
- Bungee jump, SKAD or swing.
- Sunday afternoon jazz.
- Awesome gigs with great DJ's.
- Soweto quadbiking tours.
- Teambuilding with a difference.